Sunday, April 15, 2012

This is it!

The information that I'd found on my sister did a great job of ruffling my feathers. I wrote to an email to the address on the registry, but how long would it take for me to hear anything back from her? I waited until the next day. I decided to call a couple of my other sisters. I talked to Lori and then I talked to Cathy. I told them what I'd found.


The trouble was, I still hadn't received a reply. Surely this girl who had sounded so desperate on her registry post wanted to talk to me. I decided that I wouldn't wait. I did an internet search (or two hundred). I began with facebook. I put the name that I had found in the registry: Abney Lynn Villanueva. I could not find any Abney's but I did find some Abby's but none with that last name. What if she had gotten married? What then?


I knew I had to do something. Since she had put her adopted parent's names in the registry, I decided to do a search for them. I got a hit! I found their names! It showed that they owned a business and lived in Florida. If I could just find the phone number for the business. Where was the phone number for the business? It wasn't there.


I searched high and low for the business number but couldn't find it. I thought if I could do a people search, I could find them and get their phone number. I came up empty handed. I saw that there was another name, "Is this her brother?" I thought. He was living in Las Vegas. "Maybe this is it!" I thought to myself and I got excited before calling him.


When I called him, his voice mail picked up. "Hello, I'm Evy Kas and I was wondering if you know Abney Lynn. Please contact me if you do."


"Now what?" I thought. I knew I had to go on. I was so close. I did a couple more people searches on the names that were on the puzzle.


Then I thought, "Wait a minute. What if I put her old email address in a facebook search. Would that turn up anything?" I decided to try.


What do you think I found?

1 comment: