Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Finally Found Her!

After forty-one years, I finally saw my sister's face. I knew it was her as soon as I saw her. However, I wanted to make sure. After all, her name was not Abney, like it was on the registry, it was Abby. Also, her last name was different. I was afraid that my eyes were deceiving me and it was all wishful thinking so I had to look closer.


Her page was not private, so I was able to go and look at her pictures. She looked like me, she looked like my other sisters, and she looked like our mother. I looked around to see if I could confirm that she was the same girl from the registry. I came across the sames names that I had seen on the registry: her adopted parent's names, her adopted brother's name. This was her. This had to be her!


It was March 21, 2012 when I first emailed her. I said:
I'm looking for an abney lynn villanueva. She could be my adopted sister. Please let me know if you know of this person Thank you.
Then I waited. Ok, I didn't wait so well. I looked up her friends and began to request friends of hers. I asked everyone if they knew her. Yet, I heard nothing back.


Then, when I woke up on March 22, 2012, I received this email back:
  • That's me! That's me!
  • I am abney lynn avery now...please answer me this is driving me crazy!
After a long search, I had finally found her!

1 comment:

  1. THis is sucah an amazing miracle!...I love you so0o0o0o much Evy for never giving up on me!

    ReplyDelete