Monday, April 9, 2012

A Poem for My Sister Abby Lynn




Abby Lynn, my sister, my new-found friend.
I knew that I would always love you,
and that I would search for you until the end.

How could I ever give up looking?
It was impossible,
There was a big piece of me missing.

The day that I saw you there,
It was almost more than I could bear.

Could it be true? 
What would it be like
If I talk to you? 

I was afraid to speak
The phone rang and I was afraid to walk
My knees got weak.

When you spoke, all my fears went away
You were like me, you were lively and gay!

You laughed like me, you joked like me,
The more we spoke, the more I could see.

We may have been separated for all these years,
But I can see laughter, beyond the tears.

You are my sister, and I plan to embrace you,
Maybe this year, maybe next, but here’s what I promise to do.

I promise to love you forever and always
I promise to make up for all the lost days.

And until we meet, remember this,
You’ll always have me, your little sis!!





No comments:

Post a Comment