Thursday, June 7, 2012

Making Memories with Abby

The next morning, my mother woke up early to go to church. Stephanie had given her and the children some Eggo's for breakfast and when the church bus came, we said goodbye to mom for a few  hours. Not long after, Abby came over.


I was so happy to see her. The day before was just a blur and I knew that I hadn't spent nearly enough time with her. She had brought some pictures of her when she was just a child.

We sat there and looked at pictures together. We looked at all of her memories- memories that we, as a family of adoption, did not share. She showed me herself in Hawaii, Venezuela, Aruba...She sure did have an exciting life as a child.



She was happy to show me her pictures of her graduation from EMT school and of weddings and parties-and I was happy to look at them.

She was sharing her memories with me, and I loved it.



After looking though pictures, we just sat next to each other on the sofa and held hands. We searched each other's hands then. Of course, then our feet, and our arms and skin, oh yeah, we did. 


It was nice to be her sister. 

Then she told me that I was the first one to do that with her. I was very proud.


When my mother came home from church, my daughter Molly, who had taken a liking to her "Damma" and couldn't wait for her return, went out to meet her.







After my mother came in, someone came and told us then that we were going to go the lake. I thought that was a great idea! We got our things together and started to head out. "But, wait a minute," I thought. Where was everyone else? 


Amber, Cathy and Connie had decided to stay home and it was going to be just Stephanie, Sammy, Abby, Joey, Casey, Ryan, Mom, and my little family (Patrick and children).


I worried about my mother at first, in the water. But she took to the water like a golden retriever that was just waiting for the okay to go in.



We had a really nice time that day. We were making memories with Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment