Saturday, June 23, 2012

Family Drama

A few days after I got home, I got a phone call from my sister Kelly; she had Abby on the other line. After a few moments, I got the feeling that Abby was on the road. I asked her where she was, "Colorado," was her answer. "Colorado!" I almost shouted! What on earth are you doing there? That's when I found out, she was on her way to Arkansas. She was moving to Mena, to be close to my sister Cathy.

I hadn't heard from Cathy in a while. Her and Connie were upset at me since my family and I had gone to Florida after the reunion. My sister and Connie had a history with this one. A year ago, my family and I had planned a vacation to Georgia. We were going to stay a couple of days and then go to Florida for a couple of days. My family wanted to spend some time with my mother, but also split the time with my friend in Florida. After all, Florida is the birthplace of two of my children. They hadn't seen it in years, and I hadn't seen my best friend in five years. That trip never happened because my sister and I had problems agreeing with my trip to Florida.

Fast forward to this year, and the same thing happened. My family went to Florida after Georgia, and well, you guessed it. I am no longer on speaking terms with Connie. She deleted me from her facebook account as if she was deleting me out of her life, again.

Anyway, that was the story, Abby was moving to Cathy's. At first everything was good at Cathy's. You know how it is, everything always goes good until the honeymoon is over. When they needed to talk about things that mattered, things got heated.

I do not know my sister Cathy's point-of-view because I never got that opportunity; Cathy deleted me from her facebook account the same way that Connie had.

So, the drama was beginning in our family again.

Abby told me that she was going back to Washington to be with people who loved her, who never treated her the way that she had been treated by this family. I begged her not to. I begged her to give our sister Kelly a chance. I told her that she would like Kelly. I told her that just because everyone else had horrible things to say about Kelly, she wasn't like that.

That's how Abby ended up in Missouri. She and her husband, again, moved on. 

A few days after Abby moved in with Kelly, things got bad between Kelly and Cathy. Cathy was accusing Kelly of being horrible, Kelly was accusing Cathy of being horrible. Cathy and Kelly are no longer speaking. Now, if only Lori and Kelly (who live in the same state) could get along and put their differences aside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment