Friday, July 20, 2012

Who Ever Said Life Would Be Easy?

Martin Luther King Jr. Said:
We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.


After what has happened with Abby, I find myself fearful to find our other sister.

Yet, I am so glad that I found Abby. I can't imagine what life would be like if I didn't find her.


Does Abby wish that she wasn't found? Was her life better or worse before I found her? Did I ruin her life by finding her?

If I found our other sister? Would her life be turned upside down the same way Abby's has?


Would it just be more loss?

I don't want to be afraid. I want to build up a dike of courage and I want to find her. 

In the meantime, I will continue to pray for healing for our family.

Who ever said life would be easy, right?

1 comment:

  1. Again...healing comes with moving forward and not looking back! You can't choose your family... or can you? Evidently you can! My birth family actuall got to choose that they didn't want me as a part of their family!!! Well all but one of my sisters ... she actually reached out to me several times and I swung the door open! I didn't know how to love her.. I didn't know how to love myself! But now we are healing together! I think finding the other Sister would be her choice not yours! If she wants to be found her information will be out there for you to find! I pray all goes well for her and if she was raised differently that she is not too rejected yet again by my mothers daughters!

    ReplyDelete