Tuesday, May 1, 2012

“God did not give me my life to throw it away.” ― Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre

I admire people who are resilient. One of my favorite people in the whole world is actually a character from a book. Her name is Jane Eyre. She is an orphan with massive amounts of courage and resilience. Jane was just a young girl when she had to overcome overwhelming odds just to survive. 

People like that amaze me. That is why I am amazed by my sister Abby. Abby and I haven't talked a whole lot about her life growing up without us. What I do know is that she could have given up on her fight for survival long before we knew her.

However, instead of giving up, Abby decided to fight. She fought the odds and not only did she survive, but she came out stronger and more beautiful than ever. But like everyone else, Abby feels fear. I wish that I could know her fears and I wish that I could bottle them up and bury them in a hole that no one could ever find.

The following is a quote from Jane Eyre:

“But I tell you--and mark my words--you will come some day to a craggy pass in the channel, where the whole of life's stream will be broken up into whirl and tumult, foam and noise: either you will be dashed to atoms on crag points, or lifted up and borne on by some master-wave into a calmer current..." Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre

 The following is a video that I'd like to dedicate to Abby:

1 comment:

  1. I love you so0o0o0o0o much Evy and I can't believe that you are my sister and that you love me so0o0o0o0o0 much too! You are loved and blessed!

    ReplyDelete